Thursday, October 18, 2012

Meet Our New Buffet!

Not so much new to our home anymore, but new to the blog! Our kitchen lacks counter and cabinet space so I had been keeping my eye out for a nice dresser or buffet piece that would be the perfect little addition in our cozy kitchen. I found this little treasure at our Goodwill for only $40! 


Although not exactly what I pictured for our kitchen...I definitely saw its potential! It was everything I wanted; not too deep, not too big, nice and long, and I LOVED the two doors. So I got to work!



I began sanding...and sanding....and sanding....


I had the perfect spot all picked out and when I finally finished painting and distressing (which actually didn't take as long as I had anticipated) we were ready to move it to its new home! 


Ta Da! 


{So Perfect}


It was the perfect piece for what we needed and I am still on the look out for some knobs that will add a little more pizazz. Although, I like that the wood knobs tie in our cabinets quite nicely!


It is amazing how a piece can transform a room. I think that might be my favorite part about Interior Design. This piece added coziness and function to a kitchen that was lacking it. I enjoy looking at it every day and the extra space is just as lovely!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.