Saturday, March 17, 2012

Upside to The Stresses of Unpacking

           Moving in and unpacking definitely has its stresses, but a huge bonus is the chance to get reorganized. When everything has a specific place that is logical and easy to get to, you are more likley to have less clutter and in turn have less cleaning. My ultimate goal is to have an efficient home where I can spend less time with the upkeep and more time keeping my kids company :)
          At our old home, I had stuff everywhere! It was a smaller home with limited storage so I really had to improvise. So, I thought I would share a couple ways that I have adjusted to the changes of the new house. Although there is ample storage space throughout, we have less cabinets in our kitchen so I had to make a couple changes. I have more drawer space and I really wanted to utilize that since I have less overhead cabinet space. So this is what I came up with:

 I always hate having to pull out every spice or herb just to find the one that I am looking for, so instead I put them in jars, labeled them, and stuck them in a drawer right next the stove. Everyone loves to use chalkboard paint and it seems pretty common to have on hand in my house. 
I keep my dish towels and rags in the drawer with them and still have some space to fill. I love the convenience and I love the look of the jars!

                   

           When my home is organized and everything is in its place, I am much more relaxed and able to enjoy the day much more. We love having company and when we have unexpected visitors, I don't find myself rushing around to make our home presentable. Also, by having a place for everything, I am teaching our children how to put things back where they belong and how to organize their own things. If your home is cluttered, start with the little things so that you don't get overwhelmed: organize a bulletin board during a commercial break or rearrange books according to genre or author. By doing this, you will spend less time looking for something and more time enjoying that book out on your porch swing :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.